Top 8 factors to considered while estimating your app development cost.
1. Your Idea
In order to identify mobile app development cost be it iPhone or Android first you need to identify what is your idea or solution? Because that will decide rest everything.
Example#1 If you are looking for a Enterprise Mobility Solution for your organization in order to increase the production or reduce the time for certain processes or automate few processes in particular function of your organization.
Example#2 If you have come up with an idea for any tool or utility or entertainment mobile application which can serve the world. This idea itself depends on all the features and functionality or even third party integrations too.
2. Technology Platform
Now there have always been debate about Android or iOS. Both (Android & IOS) are pretty popular and robust platforms for Mobility Solutions. It purely depends on your need but yes that is the main reason which impact on overall budget of your app. Because if you are making are building an app each additional platform demands additional work which straight forward impact on App Development Cost
3. User Interface / App Screen Design
When we talk about Mobile App Screen Design first thing strike to our mind is creativity or stereotype? So just to ease out everything we can define Mobile App UI Quality in three different standards and each different standard can impact your Mobile App Development Cost.
- Basic: Well app can be created using not design at all. Mean Mobile App Developer can simply use the default controls on screen and nothing fancy. These controls are have its default standards like look, color or behavior etc. If you are looking for build just proof of concept or app only for internal testing and review purpose this option always works best. And usually price is very low to design basic UI.
- Good: Definitely “Good” differ person to person but here I am talking about filling some nice color to your App UI; Adding some nice labels or image for various buttons, headers, Menu etc. This kind of app design can impact on App development cost a little bit and can be integrated easily with application.
- Beautiful: Here we are talking about awesome Mobile App UI which are highly interactive. Controls are custom made and not just default boring UI Controls. There is no limit of creativity hence this will definitely add up good amount in your overall Mobile App Development Cost.
Get Free Quotation for your Mobile Application Development.Request a Free Quote
4. Hybrid OR Native
This is too technical for any non IT person however it is important to know that this is really can be high impact factor for Mobile Application Cost. Now you might be thinking what is it. But I have wrote another article where I have explained what is the difference in Hybrid OR Native Application. Well if I put this in simple language these are different architecture of the application programming. Hybrid means combination of two different technology and Native means default Mobile App Frameworks like XCode for IPhone/iPad applications development and Android Studio for android application development
5. Features & Functionalities
It is pretty obvious that the more functionalities/features your Mobile app have, the more work will be involved which is directly related to overall cost. So you always need to keep in mind what are must needed features of the app and which are secondary so that will help you to reduce budget by eliminating those secondary features
What kind of Features it has?
Majority of us must have wondered how this app show me different information to me and my friend. Localization can be considered as app features which makes your app possible to be usable for everyone. It doesn’t matter which language your app user speak. It doesn’t matter where your app users live. We can divide Mobile App Localization mainly in two parts.
- Location – There are few apps which are used only within United States . There are few apps which are used in multiple countries. Assume you wanted to show different contents based on users location. For example If someone uses app from United States. So the user from US will get information related to US only. And if someone uses app from Ireland they should get information related to Ireland.
- Language – Now assume you are targeting a geographic location which has app users belongs to different race, ethnicity and they speak different language so it is evident you have to provide the user experience in their own languages in order capture maximum users or higher higher user experience.
So based on your application need you can go for localization. These factors also impact on your overall cost now. Cost impact may vary based on:
- How many language your app support?
- How much information may vary based?
- Which locations you are targeting? (Number of locations)
To know your App Development Cost click this button now!Request a Free Quote
7. Backend OR MBaaS
Really really game changing factor for any Mobile App Cost is Backend or MBaaS. Trust me this can spike your app development cost like anything due to complexity work involved and technology used. This is again too technical for general public to understand. Let me elaborate in simple terms. Think where your information been sent when you enter any data through your app? Also, think how your app shows all the information you entered from website? It works something like this:
- You enter some information on your app.
- App send all your data on the internet.
- Internet sends all your data on your Web Hosting Server.
- Web Server have your back-end and Data base on it.
- Next time when you need to access your data it reads from the same database back to App.
8. Developer Cost
This is really big challenge for person who wanted to build application. Because your cost will differ greatly based on your App Development Company. There are high chances you get different quotations from different company which different greatly. Yes I am correct price can be up to 1000% higher or lower. Click this button and get free whitepaper to learn how to choose right Mobile App Development Company?
Submit your inquiry to get your free guide “How to choose Mobil App Development Company?”
We had a customer from Atlanta who had dropped us inquiry and told about his confusion about pricing because he had requested Quotes from 3 different App Development Company and each quotes were having a lot of gap. Scenario was as follow.
- Company#1: $35,000
- Company#2: $50,000
- Company#3: $85,000
- WebRence: $25,000 (Get Free Quote From WebRence!)