Web Development Outsourcing (Pros & Cons)
We all know about Web Development Outsourcing. It is time for globalization and every country is demanding for talents more and more. Sometimes you dont have required resources or time or money in order to execute your project and there you have to find alternatives. Web Development Outsourcing is a way to achieve the same. We will be discussing all the Pros, Cons, Solutions & Tools that can help you while outsourcing.
Pros of Web Development Outsourcing
- Cost Effectiveness – Check here Hire Developer (Monthly & Hourly) and you will realize what I am talking about. Cost effectiveness is definitely great benefit but beware not to consider only cost. You may end up paying more (Usually happens) just because it feels so cheap at early stages. So consider this benefit but try not to be so greedy or else you end up losing your money completely or losing some extra money.
- Start your project much faster. – Since you dont have to hire anyone at your office so you dont need to worry about sitting arrangement in office, their hiring expenses, other benefits and expenses, risk to hire wrong candidate etc. You are completely free
- You can Save not just development cost but also management of resources, save hardware, software. insurance or any other benefits. Also you can get in to agreement which protects both of you Eg. you can divide project in phases and make small parts of payments. This way you and outsource partner both are safe.
- Easy to switch outsourcing partner as and when needed. – In case you dont like the outsourcing company you can terminate the contract as agreed and start searching for another outsourcing partner.
Cons of Web Development Outsourcing
- Communication – All the outsourcing partners are not having as strong communication as WEBRENCE so in order to overcome you need to check whether your outsourcing partner have ability to communicate clearly
- TimeZone – Since there can be timezone difference from 3 hours to 12 hours from one region to another sometimes overlapping time can be challenge however there is always a way. Either party can switch their time so they can easily communication and work together.
- Con / Fake people – Yes there are people and companies who show you different resources but actually some other resources is working. Or may be some fraud people also just snatch the money and just vanish. However in order to overcome this you can visit outsourcing partner if possible. Or else do some research about company and its traces Eg. Client reference, Website age (Ref- https://who.is/whois/webrence.com ) , Company Records you can easily ask for their company registration proof.
- Privacy/Confidentiality – I always here from client that they are concerned about ideas, source code or trade secret etc. For the same you can ask outsourcing partner to execute legal agreement which protects buyer and seller both. For source code you can always ask them to provide you code time to time so you dont end up losing everything just because you have small dispute at last.
So if I look at this whole list I can tell you with all these above possibilities, I am pretty sure outsourcing is always beneficial. It is cost effective, less management required and usually protects you and your projects.
However, it is advisable to check properly because every country have people that are not good. We have also burnt our fingers from some fake clients who just keep asking for free or without advance payment. So every business have some risk so we have to take.
Here we have some important tools which can help you to manage your outsourcing project.
Legal – NDA, Proposal, Purchase Order
Check website registration date – from http://who.is
Online Reputation – Check for their reviews on Social Profiles (FB, Twitter, Instagram), Online reviews
Communication – Skype, GoToMeeting, TeamViewer, Hangout
Efforts Tracking – Eg Toptal
Communication – Jira, Basecamp, Official email and not just any @gmail or @yahoo account.